"Be Prepared" Speaking Series: Protect Yourself for When Life Takes a Turn
Attorneys at the Levin Papantonio Rafferty (LPR) law firm will launch the "Be Prepared" Speaking Series on April 29, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Cobb Center, 601 E Mallory St, Pensacola, FL 32503. Attendees will learn from one of the nation's top law firms the steps to take to protect themselves and loved ones:
- In end-of-life matters
- From accidents with uninsured motorists
- When injured on the job
- If a disability enters the picture
Facts: Many People Are Ill-Prepared for the Future
Multiple studies have revealed some uncomfortable statistics, shedding light on Floridians' need to prepare for the unexpected:
- Of nearly 800,000 people, only 37 percent completed some kind of end-of-life advance directive (Health Affairs study).
- In 2019, around one in eight motorists in the U.S. were uninsured (Insurance Research Council).
- In 2021, there were 2,607,900 nonfatal work injuries, 1,062,700 of which required days away from work; and 5,190 fatal work injuries across the U.S. (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- In 2020, work injuries prompted a median of 12 days away from work (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Each Floridian with a disability assumes an average of $15,811 in healthcare expenditures (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- One in four Floridians have some type of disability (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), affecting mobility, cognition, independent living, hearing, vision, and/or self-care.
- In 2015, disability-associated healthcare expenditures accounted for 36% of all healthcare expenditures for U.S. adults.
LPR attorneys planned the "Be Prepared" speaking series to help Floridians face these realities so they and their families are less burdened and overwhelmed by them.
"It's understandable in the hectic pace of daily life to put off planning for end-of-life decisions, or for situations that you might convince yourself you will never face," said LPR Attorney Brett Vigodsky. "But at LPR, we firmly believe the best way to prepare for tomorrow is by taking action today."
Free Food, Drinks, and Knowledge
Attendees will enjoy free food and drinks at the event while having these important life-decision questions answered by one of the nation's top law firms.