Levin Papantonio Rafferty
316 South Baylen St.
Pensacola, FL 32502
Cameron Stephenson is a Shareholder with Levin Papantonio Rafferty. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Florida in 2004, while majoring in finance and graduating cum laude. Mr. Stephenson then went on to receive his Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2007.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Stephenson practiced as a prosecutor here in Pensacola for the Office of State Attorney, 1st Judicial Circuit, where he tried approximately fifteen jury trials and five judge trials in one year. Mr. Stephenson has successfully settled or mediated numerous personal injury and wrongful death cases, several for $1 million or more.
In 2013 alone, Mr. Stephenson received two multi-million dollar jury verdicts. The first verdict, $3.3 million, followed a trial involving a defective Yamaha Utility Task Vehicle (UTV) that was responsible for seriously and permanently injuring his client. The second verdict, $2.6 million, followed a trial involving the wrongful death of a construction worker who was fatally burned in a natural gas leak flash fire. In 2022, Mr. Stephenson secured a $7.5 million verdict following a two week medical malpractice trial that involved the negligent misdiagnosis of a necrotizing fasciitis infection resulting in his client suffering an above-the-knee leg amputation.
Mr. Stephenson’s current practice is primarily focused in Mass Tort pharmaceutical and medical device litigation. He is actively involved in several pending Multi-District Litigations (MDLs), including Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder/Ovarian Cancer (MDL No. 2738) and Proton Pump Inhibitor/Kidney Disease (MDL No. 2789).
Mr. Stephenson is licensed to practice in all Florida state courts as well as the United States District Court, Northern District of Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Mass Torts
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- The Florida Bar, 2008
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2010
- Law Degree, University of Florida Levin College of Law; Gainesville, Florida; 2007
- B.S.B.A., University of Florida; Gainesville, Florida; 2004
- Honors: Cum Laude Major: Finance
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014-2020
- Inns of Court, 2010
- Inn Magazine Rising Star, 2010
- Do You Have a Medical Malpractice Case?, article published on ringoffireradio.com, March 28, 2013.
- Medical Malpractice Damage Caps are Unconstitutional, article published on ringoffireradio.com, March 8, 2013.
- Excessive Physician Workload Equates to Medical Malpractice, article published on ringoffireradio.com, February 28, 2013.
- Florida Supreme Court Protects Patient Confidentiality From Defense Lawyers, article published on ringoffireradio.com, January 28, 2013.
- Medical Malpractice: “Never Events” Occur at Least 4000 Times Per Year, article published on ringoffireradio.com, January 8, 2013.
- Feds Sue Nap Nanny Manufacturer Over Infant Deaths, article published on ringoffireradio.com, December 7, 2012.
- BP Settles to Resolve Criminal Charges, article published on ringoffireradio.com, November 15, 2012.
- Pfizer to Pay $491 Million For Marketing Malfeasance, article published on ringoffireradio.com, November 7, 2012.
- Missouri Supreme Court Shuts Down Republican Tort Reform Efforts, article published on ringoffireradio.com, October 28, 2012.
- 15 Dead and Counting in Meningitis Outbreak: Where was the Regulatory Oversight, article published on ringoffireradio.com, October 16, 2012.
- German Pharmaceutical Giant Gruenthal Apologizes 50 Years Later…Thanks…I Guess, article published on ringoffireradio.com, October 8, 2012.
- Still Think Medical Malpractice Claims are Frivolous?, article published on ringoffireradio.com, September 22, 2012.
- Florida Supreme Court to Consider Medical Malpractice Damage Caps, article published on ringoffireradio.com, September 18, 2012.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, member
- Escambia/Santa Rosa County Bar Association, member
- Florida Bar Association, member
- Florida Justice Association, Eagle member
- McMahon v. Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A., 95 So.3d 769 (Ala. 2012)
- HMA Santa Rosa Medical Center, Inc. v. Adkins, 36 So.3d. 88 (Fla. 1st DCA 2010)
- Assistant State Attorney, Office of State Attorney, First Judicial Circuit, Florida